Wyong Chamber of Commerce commenced operations on the 12th September 1925.
At that time the Chamber was named the Wyong Chamber of Commerce. From its inception the Wyong Chamber showed its worth for business and the community in the greater Wyong region and with its affiliation with the Erina Shire Council.
The establishment of the Chamber
On the 12th of September 1925 at a public meeting of businesses the Wyong Chamber of Commerce was established. The Chamber elected its first official executive committee which oversaw the vision, values and mission of the Chamber lead by the elected President Mr H Wyber.
Since that initial meeting and over 90 years later the Chamber has had 8 name changes in response to the changing business environment and expansion of the region. Although the names may have changed to reflect the market environment the Chambers purpose has never wavered.
Over the years the Chamber has been influential in some of the regions largest feats including the forming of a committee to perform market research in relation to the need for the Wyong High School, and lobbying for improved infrastructure throughout the Wyong area – including the building of the formally named F3 Freeway.
The Wyong Chamber of Commerce has certainly had its role to play in the growth of the Wyong region in the past and will continue to actively lobby local council to ensure it continues for many years to come.
About Wyong Regional Chamber of Commerce
About the Chamber
Established in September, 1925, the Wyong Regional Chamber of Commerce is a member based not-for-profit organisation overseen by members, for our members.
From its inception in 1925, the Wyong Chamber showed its worth for business and the community in the greater Wyong region.
Here from some of our valued members as they share their experiences with their association with the Wyong Regional Chamber of Commerce.